perspective on the financial markets
Sponsored Content - Janus
May 4, 2010
Clients want detail on what’s going on in the financial markets and ideas about where there is opportunity. Access the latest thinking from Janus analysts and portfolio managers for angles on specific sectors as well as broader investment themes.
Sector commentary, provided by Janus analysts in both audio and PDF format, allow you to get the latest insight and specifics on developments in that sector. These, along with a thorough summary of the most recent quarter’s market happenings, can keep you up-to-date on topics for client discussions.
These investor-use thought pieces allow you to provide a fresh perspective.
Sector Commentary: Monthly Analyst Viewpoints
Get access to the insights and opinions of Janus' seven global sector teams. Recent topics include:
Energy: Separating Winners from Losers
- Oil prices are currently challenged by excess OPEC capacity and high inventory levels globally
- Despite a decline in drilling in 2009, natural gas supply may overwhelm demand over the next one to three years
- Current equity investment themes include the drilling and services industry, Brazil and Iraq; fixed income investment themes include underappreciated and undervalued assets, and mergers and acquisitions
China: Growing from Within
- Second-tier cities in China are experiencing a higher growth rate relative to the country's coastal areas and present a very interesting investment opportunity
- Demand for high-quality domestic and foreign brands is likely to increase as Chinese consumers' incomes increase and their tastes become more sophisticated
- As a result of China's large scale, products that are well-received in China have the potential to develop into major global products
Media & Communications: Evolution of the Internet
- Changes on the Internet have placed a big focus on high-quality content creation
- The growth rate in e-commerce outside of the U.S. is high and driving a lot of search activity
- Social networks are changing online business models and will likely continue to change them dramatically
Coming soon! Healthcare update: portfolio manager and analyst Andy Acker shares his perspective on the implications of the new legislation. Hear a preview of Andy’s perspectives in this audio commentary.
Market Commentary: Quarterly Financial Markets Review
Give clients insight on the performance of global equity and fixed income markets, significant macroeconomic developments and their market impact, as well as key factors to watch going forward.
Covered Topics for Q1 2010
- S&P 500®Index hit 17-month high late in the quarter
- Corporate profitability remained strong; revenues needed for it to continue
- Watching regulatory environment and fiscal and monetary stimulus
- Economic recovery is in place, magnitude uncertain
- Inflation tame, watching building inflationary pressures
- U.S. companies and consumers continue to de-lever, while federal debt rises
- Sector outlooks broadly unchanged from last quarter but valuations more demanding
- In slow recovery, business models get tested; long-term winners emerge
- As always, we expect stock selection to matter most
Please consider the charges, risk, expenses and investment objectives carefully before investing. For a prospectus containing this and other information, please call Janus at 877.33JANUS or download the file from janus.com/info. Read it carefully before you invest or send money.
The views expressed are those of the authors as of the date noted. They do not necessarily reflect the views of other Janus portfolio managers or other persons in Janus' organization. These views are subject to change at any time based on market and other conditions, and Janus disclaims any responsibility to update such views. No forecast can be guaranteed. These views may not be relied upon as investment advice or as an indication of trading intent on behalf of any Janus fund.
Statements that reflect projections or expectations of future financial or economic performance of a mutual fund or strategy and of the markets in general and statements of the Fund's plans and objectives for future operations are forward-looking statements. Actual results or events may differ materially from those projected, estimated, assumed or anticipated in any such forward-looking statements. Important factors that could result in such differences, in addition to the other factors noted with such forward-looking statements, include general economic conditions such as inflation, recession and interest rates.
Janus Distributors LLC (04/10)
FOR BROKER/DEALER OR INVESTMENT ADVISOR USE ONLY/NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEWING OR DISTRIBUTION
Would you like to send this article to a friend?Remember, if you have a question or comment, send it to .